In today’s world, English and Maths have the power to change your life. In fact, they are the important first steps on your learning journey or career.
Functional Skills level 2 go one better – they give you transferable, real-life skills that employers, colleges and universities appreciate. They’re also accepted as an equivalent to GCSE.
If you hold these qualifications, you hold the cards to your future – where do you want to go? The choice is yours. So, to give you the greatest advantage, we’ve the perfect level 2 academic bundle to get you started in life at an affordable price.
Attain your Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2
The Functional Skills Level 2 bundle is an ideal companion package for anyone looking to develop basic skills in speaking, listening and communication, as well as reading and writing. In addition, you’ll also learn how to organise data, drawing simple diagrams, and how to calculate the area of shapes. Furthermore, you’ll learn essential situational life skills you can employ to a variety of everyday situations.
A must for people looking to build a future for themselves.
You’ll find that most further education courses or employment require you to be at a level 2 standard in English and Maths. As a result of completing our Functional Skills package, you’ll be in right position.
Our Functional Skills Level 2 offers you:
The fastest route to gaining Level 2 certification: by enrolling on the two qualifications that are necessary to start your journey to success. This bundle includes the following:
- Functional Skills Level 2 English
- Functional Skills Level 2 Maths
With a large reduction in fee, why not take advantage today.
Remember, Functional Skills Level 2 prepares you for those important next steps in life. So, get in touch if you’re looking for this unique entry point into English and Maths. Learn from home. Be more!
Functional Skills Maths can help you develop the practical skills you need to use maths in life, study and work. You’ll develop your maths skills and learn how to use them in real-life situations.
By reaching Level 2, you’ll reach the equivalent to a C or higher grade at GCSE, meaning that you can demonstrate your ability to understand and use everyday maths at this level.
Some universities will even accept a Functional Skills Level 2 qualification in place of a GCSE. This course also includes everything you need at Level 1 so is perfect if you need something to guide you all the way through your journey in developing your maths skills and confidence.
Our maths course was written by qualified subject specialists who have years of experience in Further Education. We know that one size doesn’t fit all, so our online tools can develop a unique programme made just for you. This means that you’ll know your strengths and where you need to focus right from the start. Our courses have also been created to cater to all ways of learning. Whether you are a visual, auditory or kinaesthetic learner, you will be able to find content that helps you to learn in the way that you find most comfortable.
In addition to this you will also get access to live chat support with a tutor to assist you when you get stuck. The tutor will help by showing you the best method to work out the question that you are struggling with. As part of this package you will also get access to two tutorials that can be used at any time over the course of your qualification. These tutorials will be completed within a virtual classroom and gives you the opportunity to speak to a tutor for an hour per tutorial about any problems that you are having.
Functional Skills maths includes sections on:
- Using numbers – This section covers everything from whole numbers to decimals, fractions and percentages. You’ll look at how to solve real problems using these skills, including making decisions about purchases, using ratios in recipes and in work or working out whether your bills are correct. All of the number skills you look at will be tested by quizzes at the end of each section.
- Understanding measure, shape and space – This section contains a wide range of topics from area and distance to time, speed and temperature. You’ll look at how to solve problems involving time to plan your day-to-day or work life, and how to use your understanding of shape and area to do anything from read a map to plan a house renovation. Our quizzes will check that you’re able to use these skills in different situations.
- Handling data – This section looks at working with information. You’ll look at how to summarise and present information that you’ve found, and how to understand information that other people are sharing with you. You’ll also look at probability and how likely certain things are to happen. You’ll learn how to spot patterns and see how even data and statistics can be biased.
There are no entry requirements for the course. All you need is access to a computer or tablet and an internet connection.
You’ll be assessed throughout your learning by our online quizzes.
When you’re ready for your final exam, Functional Skills maths has just one assessment which covers all of the topics you’ll learn in realistic scenarios. The assessment is available as an online or a paper-based exam. You’ll be responsible for booking your own exam, but don’t worry – we’ll give you our handy guide which shows you how to do this and a link to help you to find a provider near you.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have worked on all the skills you need for a Level 2 Functional Skills maths exam. If you decide to sit an exam, you’ll need to arrange this with an exam centre near you. After sitting and passing an exam, you’ll have gained a Functional Skills Level 2 qualification in maths. This is equivalent to a grade C or above (4 or above) at GCSE. It will enable you to go on to further education programmes and can also give you access to some universities. If you are looking to progress and are missing that C grade then this is the programme for you.
On successful completion of your course you will also receive the Learning for Life London Certificate of Completion of Training in Maths Level 2.
Your course certificate will also state the number of CPD points/hours the course is eligible for.
Learning for Life London is one of the largest integrated providers of courses and qualifications, training, and employment services in the UK
- Each year around 10,000 businesses equip their staff for success with Learning for Life London
- Learning for Life London have helped more than 55,000 businesses equip their employees with the skills needed to improve productivity.
- Almost 600,000 maths and English test passes have been achieved with Learning for Life London.
- 250,000 people fulfilled their career ambitions last year with Learning for Life London.
- Over 250,000 apprentices have achieved with Learning for Life London.